Friday, November 22, 2013

Generation Three House

I built this house from scratch. You've been warned.

The shot of the exterior I put in one of the updates. The blue accents are an attempt to make it look tropical and keep with Phoenix's favorite color.

I did zero landscaping aside from that directly in front of the house.

First floor. Blue EVERYWHERE. I love blue; it's my favorite color. Anyway, the deck and all that extravagant luxury was the 'expansion' I added. There's two sets of spiral staircases. As lovely as they are, I've decided I hate them in TS3. Only one sim can queue up to use them at a time. Super annoying. There were pathing issues all over this house. I don't know why. Maybe because of the water.

All the rooms are pretty small, but I made sure to carefully decorate everything with expensive paintings, furnishings, etc. Those who know me and my gameplay know I cannot stand massive, sprawling houses. Takes forever for sims to cross them and I find them tiresome to play... so I had to show exuberant wealth without giant rooms. ;) The kids were all clustered into that one room.

I will say, the view from this house will be missed. Sigh. Building on the islands is GREAT if you don't have mermaids who refuse to use their damn boats. Maybe if they swam faster.

Ami is taking a bunch of the personalized portraits/etc with her, so that's why some walls are bare.

2 comments:

  1. So lame how they made the spiral stairs so sucky! I have yet to use them in TS3. They are awesome in TS2, because multiple sims can use them at once and they save so much space.

    I hadn't realised the house was so small! I think the big windows and the ocean view probably helped make it look a lot larger than it was. It definitely upped the luxury factor as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad the deception worked! And yes, I was VERY disappointed about the spiral stairs. :( It makes no sense why only one sim can use them at a time...

      Delete