Monday, November 11, 2013

3.1 Letters Home

Dear Mom and Dad,

University is going well. Have you seen Kelsey at all? She was pretty torn up about me leaving. I tried to convince her to go, too, but she just wasn't into it. She said that it 'was a waste of money.'

Anyway, if you see her, tell her to stop ignoring my calls. I'll be back for spring break.



 There's so many people here that it's almost a little crazy. Plenty of girls, of course. Don't make that face, mom. I'm a mermaid, but I like to think I didn't inherit the 'fickle' part of it all. Kelsey is still forefront in my mind, even if she's being a total b-- err.. brat right now.


I'm hanging out a lot with the 'Jocks.' They're pretty cool, I guess. I mean, the rebels are just too 'out there' for me and the nerds... seriously? I was popular in high school. Grouping up with the nerds would be social suicide. I need connections, not internet connections.


There was an incident. Mom, you might want to stop reading here. My course load was packed tight and I barely had a chance to think, much less remember to keep hydrated. I... kind of passed out in the quad. Luckily, a random girl saved me right in the nick of time with a bucket of water.


Gabby Ahmed, my dame in a sweater vest. She made a snarky comment about me being a 'fish out of water' and then sauntered off. Don't tell Kelsey about this. You know how she gets. 


Gabby is just a friend. We're both Jocks, so we travel in the same circles. That's it. Studying together is just sort of what we have to do. It is University, after all.


I also left the dorm. It was just too crazy. My useless dormies were constantly setting things on fire or fighting. It was a mad house! Made it really hard to concentrate. I ended up renting a place my last year...


And thanks for sending the kelp, mom. Stupid me, I forgot it and was stuck spending all my free time fishing up food. Who was the smart guy that made it so we can't satiate ourselves with normal food, anyway? Raw fish tastes gross no matter what manner of creature you are.


Before I signed the lease on my new place, one of my dormies got abducted. Aunt Xandra is an alien, right dad? You should ask her about that. It was pretty wild... I did a news report on it for the campus radio station.


This place is so different from home. The trees change colors here and it gets cold, real cold. It's kind of neat, though. I mean the trees turn these brilliant shades of orange, red, and yellow. I sent you guys some pictures.


Mom keeps asking about my grades and I'm assuring you right now, they were stellar. Perfect, actually. All I did was study. No parties here, nope. No time for that!

If Kelsey says I sent her any weird texts last night, she's lying. You know how she is.


My final year, it snowed. I mean it really snowed. It was a blizzard. Have you ever seen snow, dad? I know mom did in her travels. It's cold and wet, but not the good kind. It freezes you to the bone.

I sent pictures, but they might be kind of blurry...


I had a small gathering of friends to celebrate graduation. Nothing big. Everything was real quiet and subdued. If you get a letter from campus security, ignore it. I already cleared it all up. Just a simple misunderstanding about a noise violation that I did not cause. Seriously.


Saying goodbye to campus and friends was the worst, but it'll be nice to get back home and find a job. Have you talked to dad anymore about the island, mom? I'm so done with the houseboat. Mermaid or not, I want my feet on solid ground for once in my life. Being away from it really made be realize that...

See you guys soon!
Phoenix
-------------------
Getting Phoenix through college was a pain in my butt. He's my first sim to graduate, even if the game bugged and he never technically graduated, despite completing the credits. It took him three terms to do so. Sigh.

Phoenix is also my first sim to get an extra trait from maxing out a social group. He ground out jock experience. His first two terms were so packed tight that he could barely breathe and I nearly lost him. He really did pass out from dehydration and he was ten seconds from expiring when Gabby walked up and saved him. Spouse #2, I believe we've found you! Anyway, Phoenix spent his last term partying non-stop to get to the top. Whew.

Also, no more houseboat. I spent hours building them a house on one of the islands that Alex found during his scuba diving. Phoenix is a Snob, so he's all about the good life. Plus, he's going to be a politician. He deserves a stately mansion. ;)

2 comments:

  1. I LOLed several times during this, especially Phoenix and his drunk texts! I always enjoy the gravity-defying keg stands as well.

    Ha, Phoenix is done with Kelsey then, I gather? Can't wait to see how that all plays out, once he gets back to town. Gabby seems like she could be interesting though - she has a bit of attitude to her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, Phoenix's university experience was certainly not as he made it seem. Gotta love how we pad things for our parents. ;)

      Oh, no... Phoenix needs two different spouses. So, I don't see him being done with Kelsey quite yet or at all, until I interfere, lol! Phoenix IS an Evil sim, though. So cheating isn't a big deal to him.

      Delete